Useful Tips for Plumbing Maintenance
Among the various systems installed in a house, one of the most important if not the most important of them is the plumbing system. Water is distributed using pipes which are connected to different parts in the house like the shower or kitchen. Waste management system also relies on the plumbing system to flow from the house to the drainage system. The plumbing system is also used by gas companies to provide fuel in the house. However, the plumbing system used by the gas supply is taken care of by the gas company to avoid accidents. As for the rest of the plumbing systems including the water and waste, it is managed by the home owner. Here are some useful tips for plumbing maintenance.
1. Plunger – One of the most common plumbing tools for toilet clogs is the plunger. It works by making a suction in the toilet as a way of solving the clog. There are two common types of plunger which are the regular and the master plunger. Regular plunger are cheaper but master plunger provides maximum suction.
2. Toilet Auger – Augers are also known in the market as snakes. Auger are used either in the toilet or the sink. The design of a toilet auger is mainly made of a metal coil that is long and flexible which is perfect if the plunger fails to fix the clog. Traditional toilet augers are used manually but new toilet augers are run by electricity and often used by professional plumbers.
3. Augers Used for Sinks – There is also an auger made for sink clogs. A machine gun drum like auger is the most common design for sink augers. It is not ideal for toilet but very efficient when it comes to sinks.
4. Shop Vacuum – You will not think that your shop vacuum is more than just for carpet cleaning and removing dust on the floor. There are several shop vacuums which you can use for sinks due to its specific attachment. It is a lot easier to remove the hair as well as various particles inside the sink and the pipes with the help of a shop vacuum.
5. Professional Plumber – If you are inexperienced and do not want to make a mess when doing maintenance and repair on your plumbing system, hiring a local plumber is the best solution. You do not have to deal with a disgusting task. Just by letting a local plumber do the maintenance and repair of your plumbing system, you already get more time to do other activities instead of wasting it with your plumbing issues. Local professional plumbers are skilled and well equipped to provide all kinds of plumbing services. You do not have to buy various plumbing tools which some are expensive and you rarely use. With a local plumber, you will have your plumbing system working in no time.
If you want to live comfortably, keep your plumbing system in great working condition all the time.